After a hectic literature festival season, I’m excited to have a flurry of performances and readings coming up. My last was at Headingley Library on 8th October as part of the Headingley Festival of Ideas – a lovely event that gave a good taster of each poet’s work. It was wonderful to be performing with Helen Mort again and alongside former students Howard Benn and Linda Marshall. It was also great to see a few of you blog readers there.
- 27th October 4.30 pm: Launch of Haunt anthology with Steve Toase, Imove and participants at The Pump Rooms, Crown Place, Harrogate. Free
“The lapwing had taken all his words, leaving him no voice for his own story…”Join us as we celebrate the publication of the Haunt Anthology with special readings and a talk at this free event.
The Anthology brings together poems and stories by people who have experience of homelessness in Harrogate. You can meet some of them and hear their tales at this special event. Entry is free of charge and everyone is welcome.
- 30th October 7.30 pm: Guest Spot at wonderful local night, ‘Word Club’ at The Chemic, Leeds. Free
- 31st October 3.00 pm: Workshop and 7.00 pm A Firm of Poets performance with bands Union Jill and Rattling Joe £11
- 11th November 7.30 pm: Showcasing work from Imove’s Haunt project with Steve Toase at The Speaker’s Corner, The Golden Ball, York £1
- 28th November 7.30 pm: Barnsley Civic Theatre with A Firm of Poets £8
A Firm of Poets events offer an opportunity for people to perform alongside them and be published in an online ever-evolving book.
Hope to see some of you at these events.